Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Time Marches On

My first thought was to prepare Mallory for the new addition to our family. Once she had aired her concerns, together we informed the duals.
I do not believe they understood at first the gravity of the situation. They believed that perhaps their Mater would be having the child.

Then I saw the look of amazement settle on their faces and knew that they, at last, understood.

In spite of the upcoming event, our lives remained unchanged. My Mallory of the infinite patience continued to set an admirable example to our children.

Although M Alor did have a meeting with a counselor at the educational facility due to some images in her artistic instructional sessions, she quickly adapted as well. Perhaps her quest for knowledge overruled her desire for an "ordinary" homelife.

There was a physical change with me as well.

I was able to convince the medical facility where I was employed that I had been the unfortunate victim of a gastric "bug." They placed me on an extended leave of absence rather than accept the possibility that something else had occurred.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope, looks like the "duels" aren't coping with the news well! Therapy?! Lol! Can't wait to see what fun the new arrival brings!

Anonymous said...

Well, one might imagine your child would take it a little hard when they discover their FATHER is pregnant. But that's just me :o)

MysticSpirit said...

Baby bump! Baby bump! :O) He looks cute with that. :O)

suzie sim said...

LOL - Mallory of the infinite patience seems to be taking it very well, and I'm sure the kids will adjust. :D And I suppose he ate & slept the whole time? Men! :D